Presented by Laura Kaufman, MBA
1,151,000, sold over list price!Sold
Just sold over list! Penthouse Work/Live Loft with Exclusive Downtown View Patio
This bright and spacious corner work/live loft is located on a quiet block within the dynamic South of Market area. With 1,453 square feet (per tax records) of living space under soaring ceilings, this spectacular penthouse home offers a flexible layout ideal for a work/live environment.
The home, featuring sleek hardwood flooring, opens to an expansive living room with floor to ceiling windows, wood burning fireplace and open dining area – perfect for entertaining visiting friends and family! The spacious, modern kitchen with windows on two sides features a lovely downtown view. Enjoy ample cabinetry and counter space plus stainless steel appliances including microwave and newer dishwasher. A custom-built space designed by Sliding Door Company can be used as a home office, guest room or nursery! This flexible room features a full-sized window and storage closet. An in-unit washer/dryer, extra closet and stylish half bath with pedestal sink complete this level.
The upper mezzanine boasts a luxurious bedroom suite, separated from below by elegant, custom glass. Enjoy your morning coffee while savoring the fabulous downtown and Bay Bridge view on your spacious and exclusive-use patio. The master bedroom also enjoys a large closet, vanity area with built-in cabinetry and sky-lit bathroom with glass shower doors.
Amenities of this spectacular home also include a private-one car garage with storage space and back stairway with direct access to the home’s main level. Within walking distance are a variety of dining and shopping options, all situated in a true commuter’s paradise with Muni, Caltrain and freeway access only minutes away. Stroll to Mars Bar, Bellota, Okane and Omakase Sushi! Trader Joe’s and Nordstrom Rack are just up the street! Walk to Whole Foods. You can also stroll to work as this centrally located home is situated near many technology companies including Airbnb, Pinterest, Stripe, Adobe, Square, Uber and Twitter.
- Corner bi-level work/live loft with open, airy floor plan
- 1 full bedroom suite + flexible guest space and 1.5 bathrooms
- Upper bedroom suite features large patio with fabulous downtown & Bay Bridge view
- Sky-lit master bathroom features glass shower doors
- Custom built office/guest room with sliding doors on main level
- Generously sized living room with sleek hardwood floors & wood burning fireplace
- Open dining area, perfect for entertaining friends
- Sunny, modern kitchen with windows on two sides & downtown view
- Stylish half bath on main level features pedestal sink
- Custom window coverings on both levels
- In-unit washer and dryer and extra closet on main level
- Private one-car garage with storage space
- HOA dues $640.58 per month
- 1453 square feet per tax records, Built in 1997
- 20 units in this professionally managed HOA
- 88 Walk Score! 98 Transit Score! 99 Bike Score!
- Easy access to Caltrain, Muni, freeways, shopping, restaurants and cafes
5 Lucerne St #D, San Francisco, CA 94103
South of Market (SoMa)
The South of Market (SoMa) neighborhood is an industrial and urban area filled with converted warehouses, art galleries, bookstores, trendy bars, chic furniture showrooms, and some of San Francisco’s most celebrated restaurant and nightclub destinations. Also within its borders you will find some of the city’s only big box chain stores who have taken advantage of the topography.
Historically an area created on the “wrong side” of the Market Street cable car track, full of factories and Gold Rush immigrant workers, it evolved into one of the most well-known areas in the 1990s: dot-com boom central. Since the sizzle cooled, many businesses associated with the boom have closed, but new tech companies have not been deterred from moving in. SoMa is a rejuvenated district where in 2012, a young giant in the technology industry — Twitter — put down roots at the corner of Market and 10th Street, inspiring new businesses to move in to cater to the young professionals and a long list of other tech companies following suit.
The SOMA neighborhood is known for gripping energy, sunny micro-climate, trendy nightlife, incredible food, walking access to all that San Francisco has to offer, while being nestled in the center of the thriving tech industry.